Have received a brochure from the Belturbet Trout Angling Association to let me know fly fishing for Rainbow Trout on Holy Lake and for Brown Trout on the River Erne (between Railway Bridge and Kilconny Bridge), Belturbet has started.
Holy Lake-4km from Belturbet, 2 km from the Slieve Russell Hotel and 5 Km from Ballyconnell.
- Artificial fly fishing only from club boats.
- Wheelie boat available for disabled fisherman
- Rates for boats are €30.00 per half day(2 persons per boat), 1 person in a boat €20.00.
- Catch limit- 2 fish per half day
- Half day 10am to 3pm and 3pm to dusk
- Season 1st March to 31st of October.
- Information Irwin Morrow tel:049 9522186 Mob:087 7706728 or Ian Elliott tel:049 9522865
River Erne (between Railway Bridge and Kilconny Bridge), Belturbet. Ideal section of river for brown trout, with a combination of fast and slower sections. Picnic tables are available for the hungry and weary fisherman.
- Visitors Fees Day ticket-€15.00, weekly ticket-€45.00
- Catch limit- 3 fish per day
- Season 1st March to 30 September
- Tickets available from the Railway Bar, The Diamond, Belturbet