Don’t let the word fudge in these brilliant and very easy to make muffins put you off, it is just golden syrup so they are not really sweet and when using whole wheat flour or wheat bran they are really good for you. I usually double up this recipe and it will make about 28 good-sized muffins.These muffins are very popular in my Bed and Breakfast both with my guests and my family, when baking they smell great, and are lovely both hot and cold. Another plus is that they freeze very well
Banana Fudge Muffins
5oz butter melted
10oz Plain Flour or (9 oz plain flour and 1 oz Odlums wheat bran or 8oz plain and 2oz whole wheat flour)
1tsp Baking Flour
0.5tsp Bread Soda
4oz Castor sugar
3 Medium- ripe bananas
1tsp Vanilla essences
1tablesp golden syrup
- Sieve Flour, baking flour, bread soda and castor sugar together into bowel.
- Mash bananas, add vanilla, eggs and golden syrup.
- Add banana mix to flour.
- Fold in melted butter to mix.
- Put into greased bun tins (makes 14-16 muffins)
- Oven at 180c. Cook for 20-30mins